Among the more successful and fast-growing food business is the Ineng's Special BBQ. This restaurant, while offering other Filipino food, specializes on and is known for its pork barbecue. It was pleasantly surprising to see this timeline of Ineng's Special BBQ's path to success, posted on the entire wall in one of its new branches. Budding entrepreneurs would get a good deal of idea and inspiration from the story of entrepreneurs who've made it (thanks to Ineng's for sharing this story/timeline).
Scroll down to continue. Or check:
Richard and Michelle [Santiago] initially offered their Special Pork BBQ at the SIDCOR Weekend Market at the corner of EDSA and Main Avenue. They sold their FIRST 40 sticks within an hour and in just 12 weekends, thousands of Special Pork BBQs were sold. The sought-after BBQs became known as "Ineng's Special BBQ" (ISB), derrived from Michelle's nickname, "Ineng."
ISB expanded its sales operation by participating in the FITAANI Weekend Market and the North East Greenhills bazaar. Consequently, the number of ISB patrons drastically increased.
To meet the rapidly increasing demand of its patrons, ISB put up its first branch and production facility located at Main Avenue, Cubao, Quezon City. ISB Main Avenue branch formally opened on December 8, 2011 and this kicked-off the couple's venture in the Quick Service Restaurants (QSR).
ISB became the best-seller at popular "weekend markets" located at Market! Market! Mall, Global City, Taguig and at the Salcedo Jaime Velasquez Park at Makati City.
The first mall-based branch was successfully launched at the Market! Market! Mall. This made the legendary BBQs available to the public all week long.
The phenomenal success of the first ISB Market! Market! branch gave way to the establishment of another branch in the same mall on April 2005.
ISB opened additional branches at Quezon City, Makati City, Alabang, and Laguna.
ISB opened another branch with an al fresco dining experience atthe SM North Edsa's Skygarden. The Skygarden branch drew attention and curiosity not only to BBQ lovers but to entrepreneurs who eventually became franchisees of ISB.
ISB opened its doors to would-be franchisees thru ISB International Franchising Corporation and has since then become a member of the Philippine Franchising Association. ISB welcomed its first wave of franchisees in the National Capital Region, Ilocos Norte and Batangas.
Latest in Pinoy Entrepreneurs
What Others are Reading this Week:
- 13th Month Pay: Basic Discussion 2
- 13th Month Pay: Basic Discussion 1
- 13th Month Pay: Basic Discussion 3
- Republic Act 10361 (Domestic Workers Act or Batas Kasambahay): Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR)
- Philippines: 2013 Index of Economic Freedom
- Presidential Decree No. 851 (13th-month pay law; full text)
- Business Opportunities in the Philippines, for the Filipino
- No imprisonment in BP 22 or Bouncing Checks cases?
- Batas Pambansa Blg. 22 (Bouncing Checks Law; full text)
- Maternity Leave and Paternity Leave in the Philippines
- Contract Series: The Preamble or Whereas Clause
- Business Opportunities Below P20,000
- Contract of sale vs. Contract to sell
- Cooperatives in the Philippines: An Introduction