- Category: HR and Labor
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE PHILIPPINES
PROCLAMATION NO. 295
DECLARING THE REGULAR HOLIDAYS, SPECIAL (NON-WORKING) DAYS, AND SPECIAL HOLIDAY (FOR ALL SCHOOLS) FOR THE YEAR 2012
WHEREAS, Republic Act (RA) No. 9492, dated July 24, 2007, amended Section 26, Chapter 7, Book I of Executive Order (EO) No. 292, also known as the Administrative Code of 1987, by declaring certain days (specific or movable) as special or regular holidays;
WHEREAS, RA No. 9492 provides that holidays, except those which are religious in nature, are moved to the nearest Monday unless otherwise modified by law, order or proclamation;
WHEREAS, RA No. 9849 provides that the Eidul Adha shall be celebrated as a national holiday;
WHEREAS, the EDSA People Power Revolution, which restored and ushered political, social and economic reforms in the country, serves as an inspiration to Filipinos everywhere as a nation and as a people;
WHEREAS, on January 23, 2012, the Chinese nationals all over the world will celebrate Spring Festival, popularly known as the Chinese New Year, which is one of the most revered and festive events celebrated not only in China but also in the Philippines by both Chinese Filipinos and ordinary Filipinos as well; and the joint celebration is a manifestation of our solidarity with our Chinese Filipino brethren who have been part of our lives in many respects as a country and as a people; 23 January 2012 may be declared as a special (non-working) day without detriment to public interest;
WHEREAS, Friday, 2 November 2012, falling between Thursday, 1 November 2012 (All Saints Day) and Saturday, has been traditionally declared a special (non-working) day throughout the country;
WHEREAS, to give full opportunity to our people to properly observe All Saints Day with all its religious fervor which invariably requires them to travel to and from different regions in the country, Friday, 2 November 2012, may be declared as a special (non-working) day without detriment to public interest;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, BENIGNO S. AQUINO III, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the Constitution as President of the Philippines, do hereby declare:
SECTION 1. The following regular holidays and special days for the year 2012 shall be observed in the country:
A. Regular Holidays
New Year’s Day January 1 (Sunday)
Maundy Thursday April 5
Good Friday April 6
Araw ng Kagitingan April 9 (Monday)
Labor Day May 1 (Tuesday)
Independence Day June 12 (Tuesday)
National Heroes Day August 27 (Last Monday of August)
Bonifacio Day November 30 (Friday)
Christmas Day December 25 (Tuesday)
Rizal Day December 30 (Sunday)
B. Special (Non-Working) Days
Chinese New Year January 23 (Monday)
Ninoy Aquino Day August 21 (Tuesday)
All Saints Day November 1 (Thursday)
Additional special (non-working) day November 2 (Friday)
Last Day of the Year December 31 (Monday)
C. Special Holiday (for all schools)
EDSA Revolution Anniversary February 25 (Saturday)
SECTION 2. The proclamations declaring national holidays for the observance of Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha shall hereafter be issued after the approximate dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined in accordance with the Islamic calendar (Hijra) or the lunar calendar, or upon Islamic astronomical calculations, whichever is possible or convenient. To this end, the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF) shall inform the Office of the President on which day the holiday shall fall.
SECTION 3. The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) shall promulgate the implementing guidelines for this Proclamation.
SECTION 4. This Proclamation shall take effect immediately.
SECTION 5. This Proclamation shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the Republic of thePhilippines to be affixed.
Done in the City of Manila, this 24th day of November in the year of Our Lord, Two Thousand and Eleven.
(Sgd.) BENIGNO S. AQUINO III
By the President:
(Sgd.) PAQUITO N. OCHOA, JR.
Most Popular this Week
- 2010 Holidays: Official National and Regular Holidays in the Philippines
- Encouraging Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) through the Go Negosyo Act of 2013
- 13th Month Pay: Basic Discussion 1
- Top 7 Business Trends, Philippines 2014
- The call of Entrepreneurship, by Mr. John Gokongwei, Jr.
- Biting into the Siomai Food Business
- 13th Month Pay: Basic Discussion 2
- 13th Month Pay: Basic Discussion 3
- Business Opportunities Below P20,000
- Briefer on Bouncing Checks (BP 22)
- Home-Based Business
- Entrepreneurial Tips from Globe myBusiness
- The E-Myth Revisited (Why Most Small Business Don't Work and What to Do About It)
- 4 Reasons why the Tax Rules on Marginal Income Earners must be Implemented
- Top Business Trends in the Philipppines 2014
- Get More Bonus and 13th Month Pay: Tax Cap
- 4 Reasons for the Marginal Income Earners
- List of Official 2014 Holidays in the Philippines
- Starting in Business: Power of the First Step
- On Business Ideas and Business Capital
- MSMEs and Go Negosyo Act of 2013
- Role of Entrepreneurs: Technician, Manager, Marketing
- Lighting in Restaurants and Food Business
- Moving Out Comfort Zones, Starting Your Business