- Category: Quotes & Speeches
"When I started here, I only thought of our survival. We had to work so we could get our food for free, for the kids to have baon for school. My only vision was to have a restaurant with air conditioning. Thanks to our customers, we now have four."
-- Julita Urbina, matriarch and CEO of the family corporation which runs Cafe Laguna, one of the more successful restaurant names in Cebu City.
In her Entrepreneur magazine interview, she mentioned that with a budget of P300, she started serving Filipino food in a carinderia in front of the Cebu military camp where the family patriarch, who hails from Laguna, was stationed. From a carinderia called "Mother's Best" in 1979, it transformed into Cafe Laguna in 1991. Cafe Laguna grew big on quality and good food.
Most Popular this Week
- Encouraging Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) through the Go Negosyo Act of 2013
- Entrepreneur vs. Employee: Why can't everyone become entrepreneurs?
- 13th Month Pay: Basic Discussion 1
- 13th Month Pay: Basic Discussion 2
- 13th Month Pay: Basic Discussion 3
- Top 7 Business Trends, Philippines 2014
- The call of Entrepreneurship, by Mr. John Gokongwei, Jr.
- Entrepreneurial Tips from Globe myBusiness
- Starting in Business: The Power of the First Step
- Home-Based Business
- Top 10 Workaholic Countries
- Entrepreneur*- Nature or Nurture (origins of the entrepreneur)
- 4 Reasons why the Tax Rules on Marginal Income Earners must be Implemented
- 13th Month Pay: How is it Computed?
- Top Business Trends in the Philipppines 2014
- Get More Bonus and 13th Month Pay: Tax Cap
- 4 Reasons for the Marginal Income Earners
- List of Official 2014 Holidays in the Philippines
- Starting in Business: Power of the First Step
- On Business Ideas and Business Capital
- MSMEs and Go Negosyo Act of 2013
- Role of Entrepreneurs: Technician, Manager, Marketing
- Lighting in Restaurants and Food Business
- Moving Out Comfort Zones, Starting Your Business