- Category: Quotes & Speeches
- Published on 14 Mar 2012
"When I started here, I only thought of our survival. We had to work so we could get our food for free, for the kids to have baon for school. My only vision was to have a restaurant with air conditioning. Thanks to our customers, we now have four."
-- Julita Urbina, matriarch and CEO of the family corporation which runs Cafe Laguna, one of the more successful restaurant names in Cebu City.
In her Entrepreneur magazine interview, she mentioned that with a budget of P300, she started serving Filipino food in a carinderia in front of the Cebu military camp where the family patriarch, who hails from Laguna, was stationed. From a carinderia called "Mother's Best" in 1979, it transformed into Cafe Laguna in 1991. Cafe Laguna grew big on quality and good food.
Most Popular this Week
- E-commerce sites: Auction.ph vs. eBay.ph vs. PinoyBuyNSell.com vs. Sulit.com.ph
- Top 7 Business Trends, Philippines 2014
- Primer on the Philippine Lemon Law
- 13th Month Pay: Basic Discussion 1
- Patok na Negosyo sa 2014
- The Business of Toasted Siopao
- Start a Business with P100 Capital
- Starting a Business: Experience of a New Entrepreneur
- Consumer Protection in Electronic Banking (e-Banking), e-Commerce
- Home-Based Business
- Junkshops: Making Cash from Trash
- 13th Month Pay: Basic Discussion 2
- No imprisonment in BP 22 or Bouncing Checks cases?
- Maternity Leave and Paternity Leave in the Philippines
- Top Business Trends in the Philipppines 2014
- Get More Bonus and 13th Month Pay: Tax Cap
- 4 Reasons for the Marginal Income Earners
- List of Official 2014 Holidays in the Philippines
- List of Official 2015 Holidays in the Philippines
- Starting in Business: Power of the First Step
- On Business Ideas and Business Capital
- MSMEs and Go Negosyo Act of 2013
- Role of Entrepreneurs: Technician, Manager, Marketing
- Lighting in Restaurants and Food Business
- Moving Out Comfort Zones, Starting Your Business